Love a calming cup of chamomile tea to help you unwind? Bet you never thought of enjoying your favourite tea in cookie form! Enjoy the subtle flavours of this delicious melt- in- the- mouth, chamomile- infused cookie, the perfect afternoon tea treat.
175g butter, softened
6 Healtheries Chamomile Original Tea bags
¼ cup icing sugar
¼ tsp vanilla essence
1½ cups standard flour
¼ cup custard powder
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC and line two baking trays with grease- proof paper.
2. In a small saucepan melt half of the butter over a low- medium heat. Cut open the tea bags and empty contents into the saucepan with the butter. Infuse for 5 minutes over a low heat before putting the saucepan aside to cool. The loose tea can either be strained off and discarded, or left to go into the cookie mix.
3. In a separate bowl, cream the remaining un- melted butter and icing sugar until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla and chamomile- infused melted butter and mix to combine.
4. Sift the flour and custard powder together and combine with the creamed mixture to form a soft dough.
5. Roll teaspoonfuls of the mixture into balls, place on the prepared trays and press down with a fork. Mixture should be enough to make 25 cookies.
6. Bake for 15–20 minutes until golden. Leave on the trays for 1–2 minutes then place on a wire rack to cool.
Once cooled store cookies in an airtight container.
Average Quantity per Serve (1 Cookie)