Prep Time: 20 minutesCook Time: 30 minutesServes: 9
1 ¼ cups Healtheries Gluten Free Baking Mix
1 ½ tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground ginger
¼ cup sugar
3 Tbsp ground almonds
Small handful slivered almonds
Pinch of salt
Zest of 2 lemons
4 Tbsp lemon juice
Small handful of crystallised ginger, chopped
5 Tbsp reduced fat spread, melted
200ml milk, reduced fat
1 Tbsp golden syrup
350ml hot water with 5 Healtheries Turmeric with Lemon Tea bags steeped for 5 minutes
4 Tbsp golden syrup
*For a gluten free recipe please make sure all ingredients used are gluten free
1. Pre heat oven to 170°c and lightly grease a medium sized baking dish.
2. Sift the baking mix and baking powder into a large bowl. Add the ground ginger, sugar, ground & slivered almonds, salt, lemon zest and chopped ginger. Mix to combine.
3. In a second bowl, mix the spread, milk and egg with 1 the Tbsp of golden syrup. Mix to combine before pouring into the dry ingredients and mixing until smooth. Pour batter into prepared baking dish and top with lemon slices if desired.
4. In a small jug, pour the lemon juice and Tumeric Tea mixture. Stir in the 4 Tbsp golden syrup and pour liquid carefully over the pudding.
5. Bake for approximately 30 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.