A light and refreshingly zesty lemon loaf balanced with the nutty goodness of almond and coconut, not to mention the addition of vibrant Healtheries Turmeric with Lemon Tea. Delicious!This loaf is gluten free, dairy free and if you needed it to be vegan- friendly you could use Healtheries Chia Seeds and water in place of the eggs.
2 cups Healtheries Gluten Free Baking Mix
1 Tbsp baking powder
2 cups ground almonds
1 cup desiccated coconut
Pinch of salt
6 Healtheries Turmeric with Lemon Tea bags
Zest of 4 lemons
1/2 cup lemon juice
¾ cup golden syrup
2 tsp vanilla essence
1 ½ cups olive oil
*For a gluten &/or dairy free loaf, please make sure all ingredients used are gluten & dairy free
1. Pre heat oven to 180°c and line 2 loaf tins with baking paper.
2. Sift the baking mix and baking powder into a large bowl and add the remaining dry ingredients. Cut the tea bags open and empty contents into the bowl.
3. In a second large bowl, place the wet ingredients and mix until well combined.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and mix until well combined.
5. Divide batter between the two loaf tins and place on a rack in the middle of the oven (you may want to put another rack and tray on the shelf above to stop the top of the loaves from over cooking).
6. Bake for about an hour, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
Tastes great straight from the oven. Serve with a dollop of Greek yoghurt (coconut or soy yoghurt if dairy free).
Recipe makes 2 loaves. 12 slices (serves) per loaf
Average Quantity per Serve
Get the recipe
© All Rights Reserved